Time magazine and cannabis
Time Magazine (4/11/02) has published articles sympathetic to the legalization (normalization, decriminalization, tolerance) of cannabis.
What harmful effects of cannabis Time Magazine did disclose?
- You would have to smoke 900 joints in one sitting to kill you.
- You can die by car accident when driving whilst stoned.
- Cannabis can cause serious health problems.
- Vascular problems increase with heavy use of cannabis.
- Cannabis inhibits production of immune inhibiting substances.
- Short-term cannabis use does raise viral loads in HIV patients.
- Cannabis elevated the risk of head and neck cancers.
- Cannabis is addictive.
- Long-term cannabis users had worse memories, attention spans and cognitive functioning.
What harmful effects of cannabis Time Magazine did NOT disclose?
- Cannabis smoking trebled the risk of developing mental illness.
- 90% of psychosis patients had smoked cannabis.
- Cannabis causes cancer of the upper airways, tongue, lungs, digestive tract, mouth, larynx, upper jaw & respiratory tract.
- Softer laws lead to increased use of cannabis and its effects.
- Cannabis causes genetic abnormalities.
- Cannabis users are 6 times more likely to develop schizophrenia.
- Using cannabis once a week doubles youth suicide rates.
- One third of male suicides in WA had illicit drugs in them.
- Babies born to cannabis users were shorter, lighter, small headed and more likely to have leukemia, impaired brain and behavior.