Legal cannabis cultivation too risky
There are many risks to the community in governments allowing people to cultivate their own cannabis plants. These include -
- Increased access to cannabis by children.
- Sending the message that cannabis is not dangerous to health. Cannabis causes cancer, memory loss, suppression of the immune system, depression, loss of motivation, triggering of schizophrenia.
- Allowing cannabis users to use more with more detrimental affects.
- Encouraging more people to use cannabis and be addicted.
- Lack of control on the distribution of cannabis to others.
- Lack of control of the increasing toxicity of cannabis.
- Use of the cannabis to traffic for profit, which is a criminal offence.
- Encouraging expansion into other drugs eg heroin and cocaine.
- Encouraging more impared people causing violence, vehicle and work accidents as well as personal injuries.
DRUG ADVISORY COUNCIL COMMENTS-
Tolerant policies of harm minimization leads to more use of cannabis.
Vunerable cannabis users must be helped to rehabilitate themselves to a drug free lifestyle.
Cannabis is getting more toxic by hydraponics & genetic modification.
Parliament must reduce the numbers of people using cannabis